Monday, March 16, 2009

Merchandising

I just received a complementary copy of a new book(let) by David Cottrell called "Leadership Energy (E=m x c squared)".

It's a 100-page large-type (very clever) packaging of some key management lessons, using Einstein's famous equation.  In this case, the energy is the organisation's output, the m is the mass of the people and the c is the leader's impact on energy.

What caught my attention was this sentence:  "To help you facilitate teaching these concepts to your team, a Powerpoint slide presentation is available at www.CornerstoneLeadership.com"

What you discover when you click is that the slide presentation sells for $99.95, compared to $14.95 for the booklet.  And I bet it generates training and consulting opportunities.

Very clever!  Are any of you merchandising yourself (or your business) this way?  What's been your experience?

I wonder what would have happened if, starting 12 years ago, I had been charging for slide presentation versions of my material?

No comments: