Monday, March 2, 2009

The Beatles' Worst Album

A review of my recent article referred to it as an "uneven collection of essays", which is fair comment.  I took consolation in the fact that no-one ever achieves a consistently high standard.

For example, (and for fun), the Beatles released about 187 official recordings in their career.  Here are my nominations for the 20 tracks that would make up "The Beatle's Worst Album":

  1. Act Naturally
  2. All Together Now
  3. Baby You’re a Rich Man
  4. Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
  5. Dig A Pony
  6. Dig It
  7. Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for Me and My
    Monkey
  8. Flying
  9. For You, Blue
  10. Good Morning, Good Morning
  11. Happiness is a Warm Gun
  12. Helter Skelter
  13. I Want You
  14. Maggie May
  15. Revolution #9
  16. Why Don't We Do it in the Road
  17. Wild Honey Pie
  18. Yer Blues
  19. You Know My Name Look Up the Number
  20. Your Mother Should Know
***

Any other nominations?

No comments: